The Unc0ver tool that allows users to jailbreak their iPhones and iPads has been recently released by the @Pwn20wnd team and it has created an incredible response from the jailbreaking community.
What you need to know about the Unc0ver jailbreak
First of all, you need to know that the Unc0ver tool only supports devices running iOS 12, iOS 12.1.1 beta 3 and iOS 12.1.2. So in case you want to jailbreak your device, make sure that your iPhone / iPad is running the right firmware.
If by any chance you have already upgraded to a newer firmware, you will need to downgrade to iOS 12.1.1 beta 3, as Apple is currently still signing it.
You will also need to ensure that you have a compatible device before you decide to go through the jailbreaking process. This is the current full list of compatible devices (basically those that run A8X – A11 chipsets): iPhone 6S and 6S Plus, iPhone 7 and 7 Plus, iPhone 8 and 8 Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone X, as well as the iPad Air and the 6th-generation iPad.
We’ve also heard the developers of the Unc0ver tool saying that they will add support for more devices in the near future, so the list might expand soon.
How to jailbreak your device with Unc0ver without using a PC
We’ve prepared for you some steps that you need to follow if you want to jailbreak your iOS 12 device with the Unc0ver tool without using a computer. Take a look below for everything you need to know.
- The first thing you should is to backup the data from your device, just to be safe and to make sure that you will not lose anything;
- Open the Safari browser and access next.tweakboxapp.com;
- Now at the top of your screen tap Apps and then Tweakbox Apps;
- Scroll down until you locate the Unc0ver jailbreak, almost at the bottom of the page;
- Open the Unc0ver jailbreak and tap the Install button;
- Once the download has finished, go to Settings -> General -> Profiles & Device Management -> Lebo International Investment Development. Now you will just need to Trust the developer once and then one more time on the pop-up confirmation box that appears on your screen;
- Only now you can access the home screen again and open the Unc0ver app that has just been installed. You will then have to tap Jailbreak. If by any chance your device restarts and you cannot see Cydia on your home screen, you will need to run the jailbreak again.
- Once the jailbreak is complete, you will be able to see Cydia on the home screen. Now you’re finished, so all you have to is launch the app and install any tweaks you want.
Frances might be just at the beginning of her career, but after attending a technical school, she has a fresh perspective on today’s technology. She contributes to the site with tech news.