How to completely remove Adobe Flash Player from Windows 10
The first thing you want to do is to disable the Flash Player in Internet Explorer & Microsoft Edge browser after signing in with your administrative account. This should be done whether or not you set or used it as the default browser.
Now you need to go to ‘Settings,’ select ‘Advanced Settings’ and then move the slider against ‘Use Adobe Flash Player’ to ‘Off’ position in order to launch the Edge browser.
The next step is to go to C:\Windows\servicing\Packages using File Explorer and check if the following entries are there:
- Adobe-Flash-For-Windows-Package~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64….(Flash Player’s version number)
- Adobe-Flash-For-Windows-WOW64-Package~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64….(Flash player #’s version number)
- Adobe-Flash-For-Windows-onecoreuap-Package~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64…(Flash Player’s version number)
- Make sure that you put these Adobe-Flash packages names on paper.
- Launch the ‘Run’ dialog box and enter ‘regedit.exe’ in its empty field in order to open Registry editor. Click ‘Enter.’
- Select ‘Permissions’ after right-clicking the three keys with the names we provided earlier.
- Check ‘Allow’ in order to enable Full control for the Administrators account.
- Click ‘OK.’
Next step: select each of the three keys one at a time and then choose Visibility DWORD from the right side. Click on Visibility and then change the Value Data from 2 to 1.
The same procedure should be repeated for the other keys as well.
After you do that, you will get access to removing Packages using the DISM utility. So execute the following three commands one after the other after opening an elevated Command-Prompt:
- dism /online /remove-package /packagename:Adobe-Flash-For-Windows-Package~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64-10.0.17134.1
- dism /online /remove-package /packagename:Adobe-Flash-For-Windows-WOW64-Package~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64-10.0.17134.1
- dism /online /remove-package /packagename:Adobe-Flash-For-Windows-onecoreuap-Package~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64-10.0.17134.1
NOTE: In your case, the number you find at the end could be different, because the version number might be different, so use the numbers on your system.
Everything inside the Macromed folder under System32, as well as the SysWOW64 folders, will be removed by this action.
Restart your system.
Frances might be just at the beginning of her career, but after attending a technical school, she has a fresh perspective on today’s technology. She contributes to the site with tech news.
Leave a Reply