We’re getting closer to patch 9.17 and the PBE client is now testing the buffs and nerfs we saw earlier this week in the Tweet from Riot’s Mark Yetter. Here’s a sneak peek of what’s to come next week in League of Legends with Patch 9.17 when it goes live on Wednesday, August 28.
We will also include the Teamfight Tactics balance changes for 9.17 here, as they’re pretty short.
Also, before we head into the PBE balance changes, check out the latest announcement from August Browning about the incoming ‘non-traditional’ Marksman:
“With Pantheon finishing up, today will be my last day on TFT champs/balance. I’ll be returning to champ team to ship the next marksman.
Thank you so much to everyone who’s played and supported the game. Working on it and seeing you all having a great time is magical.” – Tweet
League of Legends 9.17 PBE – Balance Changes
The Aatrox and Akali changes you see below have been pushed to 9.18 for further tweaking: “Aatrox and Akali nerfs pushed to 9.18 so we can spend a bit more time getting them right” – Mark Yetter
The following tweaks are found in this changelist and are now being tested in PBE.
Aatrox Base Stats:
- Base HP lowered to 550 – from 580 [vs. Live]
Akali Q – Five Point Strike
- AP ratio lowered to 0.4 – from 0.6
- mana regen per 5 seconds increased to 9.5 – from 9.335
Q – Winds of War
- cooldown lowered to 12/11.5/11/10.5/10 – from 14/13/12/11/10
W – Shield of Durand
- minimum damage increased to 20/35/50/65/80 – from 10/20/30/40/50
- max damage increased to 60/105/150/195/240 – from 30/60/90/120/150
Apart from the ton of balance changes we wrote here, Kayle’s AP ratio on E was tweaked:
E – Starfire Spellblade
- passive damage AP ratio lowered to 25% – from 30% [Live stat – passive damage AP Ratio is 20%]
- AD increased to 69 – from 67
- base mana increased to 250 – from 231.8
- mana per level increased to 45 – from 35
Q – Shield of Daybreak
- cooldown lowered to 5 – from 6
Passive – Inherent Glamour
- Disguise can now be cancelled
Q – Comet Spear
- [New] Tap – now crits targets below 25%
E – Aegis Assault
- [Removed] will not take reduced damage from Monsters anymore
E – Audacity
- damage lowered to 50/85/120/155/190 – from 70/105/140/175/210
R – Supreme Display of Talent
- cooldown changed to 120 at all ranks – from 120/100/80
- base MR increased to 34 – from 30
- base AD increased to 64 – from 61
The changelist presented by Mark Yetter is a bit different from the stats seen in PBE now. The following stats are from PBE:
R – Stranglethorns
- mana cost changed to 100 at all ranks – from 100/120/140
- cooldown lowered to 110/100/90 – from 130/120/110
Teamfight Tactics 9.17 PBE – Balance Changes
The TFT Patch 9.16B is live, with most of the balance changes from the beginning of this week being added to the live patch. Riot Mort also stated that the matchmaking fix is live and players shouldn’t face the same opponent as often as it happened until now.
We’ll probably see these TFT balance changes next week in 9.17:
- Chance to gain double attack speed increased from 25/65% to 35/70%
- Armor and Magic Resistance lowered from 60 to 50
Sonia Theo has a long experience in writing, and now she is our associate journalist covering tech, gaming and mobile news. She has a BA in English and German and a BA in Arts and Design. Sonia likes writing about the latest updates in current and future games, guides and reviews. Her favorite past times is gaming, crafting and cooking. Sonia is always ready to help players with tips when they’re in a tough boss fight.