There are several issues why Gmail won’t load besides your browser, or Gmail itself. If the issue is browser-based, it may be that your browser doesn’t work with Gmail, or one of its extensions or plugins aren’t compatible with it, or the cookies and cache need to be cleared.
There are a few troubleshooting tips and fixes that can help you get your email back.
How to fix Gmail Won’t Load
- Check the plugins or extensions in your browser as there may be one or two that conflict with Gmail, causing it not to load. Turn them off temporarily one after the other and try loading Gmail again.
- Clear browser cookies and cache. This may delete your personalization settings and browser history
- Check if Gmail service is down through the G Suite Status Dashboard
- Try a different device or different browser to access Gmail from
- Temporarily disable security software like antivirus as some of them cause conflict with Gmail. Re-enable them once you finish testing, and check that your firewall, or anti-spyware and anti-malware tools don’t block Gmail as a potentially harmful site
- Check that your internet connection is working as slow connections means Gmail won’t load at all, or it’ll load slowly
Adjust privacy settings
If your browser’s privacy settings are set too high, it may make Gmail not load so add mail.google.com as an allowed site so you can connect to Gmail through your browser.
Reinstall your browser
If your browser is acting up and Gmail won’t load, reinstall the browser and check if it works again. This would mean the browser software is corrupted and would affect your access to Gmail and other sites.
Did any of these solutions help resolve the problem? Let us know in a comment below. You can also let us know what error you’re getting when Gmail won’t load on your device.
Elsie is a tech writer with 8+ years professional experience. For Tech News Watch, she brings rich experience contributing to topics such as Windows, MacOS, Android, and iOS among others. In her spare time, she loves checking out the latest tech trends, gadgets, and news, listening to music and cars.