Facebook Messenger is one of the most popular messaging apps that people are using to keep in touch with their friends and family. The app was developed by Facebook and it’s free of charge, secure, fast and easy to use. The company has been constantly working on improving the battery life consumption of the app, as well as on providing a better user experience.
Dark mode is becoming increasingly popular
We’ve seen lately that more and more companies are starting to roll out either a dark mode, a dark theme or dark wallpapers for their apps, which helps saving the battery life on devices that have an AMOLED screen.
Users of Facebook Messenger have also asked the company to add a dark mode to the app and it seems that the tech giant has listened to people’s feedback. The Dark Mode was introduced on this popular app last May, even though some users received it in September. If you want to know how to enable the Dark Mode on your Facebook Messenger app, continue to read below.
These are the steps that you need to follow in order to quickly activate the Dark Mode on Messenger:
- First of all, open the Messenger App and then choose a contact to send a message to;
- Now open the emoji tab and locate the crescent moon emoji;
- Send the moon emoji to the person you selected and make sure to close the app completely by removing it from the RAM;
- Restart the app and tap on your profile picture. You should now be able to see the dark mode option, so all you have to do is to enable it.
- From now on you can enjoy the Dark Mode on Facebook Messenger.
These steps work for both Android and iOS devices.
Frances might be just at the beginning of her career, but after attending a technical school, she has a fresh perspective on today’s technology. She contributes to the site with tech news.