Everyone’s been keeping an eye on Pwn20wnd’s Twitter page, waiting for him to announce the release of the public iOS 12 Jailbreak – unc0ver v3.0.0. If you haven’t paid attention in the past hours, he’s just posted great news:
unc0ver v3.0.0~b29 is NOW OUT for public testing with full-fledged iOS 12.0 – 12.1.2 support for A8X-A11 devices with Cydia and Substrate. https://t.co/xwxRUDYbqj
— Pwn20wnd is crashing XNU (@Pwn20wnd) February 22, 2019
You can find v3.0.0 Jailbreak on Github at this link.
How to jailbreak your iPhone’iPad With unc0ver v3.0.0~b29?
The public jailbreak is supported by A8X – A11 devices, and if you want to jailbreak your phone, follow the guide below provided by Redmond Pie. Here is the short version of the guide:
- Your device must be on the iOS 12 firmware.
- Download the last unc0ver 3.0.0 IPA.
- Get Cydia Impactor from HERE.
- Turn off the ‘Find My iPhone’ option from the iPhone or iPad you want to jailbreak.
- Make sure there is no over the air (OTA) update waiting – check it in Settings -> Storage. If there is one, delete it.
- The passcode on the device must be turned off.
- Connect the device to your computer.
- Use Cydia Impactor to install the unc0ver jailbreak on the iPhone or iPad.
- The unc0ver IPA must be sideloaded. After that, go to Settings -> General -> Device Management and see that the unc0ver app’s profile is trusted.
- Go to Home Screen, launch the unc0ver app and hit the button that says ‘Jailbreak.’
- Wait for it to finish the jailbreak and you will see the device respring and show Cydia on the Home Screen. If nothing happened, relaunch unc0ver and press ‘Jailbreak’ until Cydia appears on the home screen – it might take a few tries, but don’t give up!
Redmond Pie notes that ‘step 10’ must be repeated because this jailbreak is “semi-untethered in nature which means you will have to put the device into jailbreak mode after every reboot of the device,” adding that you only have to re-run the unc0ver app and then re-sign and re-sideload the app:
Also important to note is that you will have to resign and resideload unc0ver app after every seven days as the free Apple ID certificate which you used to sideload with Cydia Impactor lasts for only seven days only.
As with all jailbreaks, anything could go wrong and may harm your device, so try jailbreaking a secondary device, not the main one you use daily.
Frances might be just at the beginning of her career, but after attending a technical school, she has a fresh perspective on today’s technology. She contributes to the site with tech news.