Here is how you can fix connection errors for the Avast SecureLine VPN
In case you are wondering, Avast SecureLine VPN is popular client software that should be connected to Avast VPN servers. Unfortunately, the SecureLine could fail to establish a connection sometimes. When this happens, an error message pops out, letting people know that something went wrong and the connection through the SecureLine VPN failed.
What can we do in this situation? Experts advise us to use one of the following resolutions
Things can get really stressful when the Avast SecureLine VPN doesn’t connect to the server. However, there are some ways to fix this issue.
- The first thing to do is to check your Internet connection. If connectivity is good without the SecureLine VPN turn the VPN off and open one or two websites in the browser you currently use. In case you need to fix your connection, look at Internet Connections troubleshooter from Windows.
- Another solution would be to Select an alternative Server Location. You can do that by clicking the Change Location button from the main Avast window. The next step is to select different server location and connect to it;
- Turn the Windows Defender Firewall off. This might fix the connection between the Avast SecureLine VPN and the VPN server;
- Another solution would be to turn off any third-party antivirus software;
- A good solution is to close conflicting VPN services that might interfere with Avast SecureLine’s connectivity;
- It’s important to check the Avast SecureLine account. Maybe your subscription expired and you need to renew it;
- If you reinstall Avast SecureLine VPN the software might work and connect to the VPN server.
These are the most efficient do-it-yourself ways to fix Avast SecureLine VPN connection errors. Learn more about each of them and try to see how they work, in case you need them.
Sonia Theo has a long experience in writing, and now she is our associate journalist covering tech, gaming and mobile news. She has a BA in English and German and a BA in Arts and Design. Sonia likes writing about the latest updates in current and future games, guides and reviews. Her favorite past times is gaming, crafting and cooking. Sonia is always ready to help players with tips when they’re in a tough boss fight.