OnePlus has two custom skins running atop AOSP. Back at home, devices have HydrogenOS while on the global scene, there is the popular OxygenOS. As usual, the former gets treated to new features and updates in general ahead of the latter.
This explains our coverage from yesterday regarding the release of HydrogenOS 11 beta 3 based on Android 11 for the OnePlus 8 and OnePlus 8 Pro handsets sold in China. As we pointed out, OxygenOS 11 beta 3 was to follow soon.
The wait wasn’t that long. A quick look into the official OnePlus community forums and you’ll come across a recent announcement by the company that the third developer preview of OxygenOS 11 based on Android 11 for OnePlus 8 and 8 Pro units is now up for grabs.
OnePlus had hinted before that this will be the final developer preview update after which the Open Beta will be released. Essentially, this will make the update available for public use, only that it will still be in beta.
Apparently, the Open Beta will begin on September 8 in China for OnePlus 8 and 8 Pro units, with the stable rollout set for mid-October. The rollout should also hit the global units shortly after. There is more on that as well as availability details for other devices here.
As for the incoming OxygenOS 11 beta 3, below are the release notes included:
– New visual design (including Weather app, Launcher, Gallery, Notes)
– New layout for more comfortable and convenient one-handed operation
– Always-on display function, including 11 new clock styles
– Live wallpaper that changes according to the time of day
– New OnePlus Sans font that improves readability
– Optimized Dark Mode, including the ability to automatically turn on and off and a shortcut in Quick Settings
– 3 new Zen Mode themes, more timing options, and new Group feature to let you experience Zen Mode with your friends
– New Gallery function that automatically creates a weekly story based on your photos and videos
The company has also highlighted the key issues known to them, including compatibility with some third-party applications, general system and network stability issues in some scenarios. Of course, these are things that should be non-existent when the stable version arrives.
As always, we have the download link for OnePlus 8 and 8 Pro OxygenOS 11 beta 3 update with us, so feel free to grab it and do a manual installation. But once again, this version is meant for app developers and not for public use.
- Device: OnePlus 8 & 8 Pro
- Version: OxygenOS 11 Beta 3
- Android: 11
PiunikaWeb started as purely an investigative tech journalism website with main focus on ‘breaking’ or ‘exclusive’ news. In no time, our stories got picked up by the likes of Forbes, Foxnews, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, The Verge, Macrumors, and many others. Want to know more about us? Head here.
The post OnePlus 8 series OxygenOS 11 (Android 11) beta 3 update released (Download link inside) appeared first on PiunikaWeb.
Dorothy has been a journalist for ten years and has been working with the Tech News Watch staff since the beginning of the news site. Her main contribution to Tech News Watch are mobile, IT and science news, with a focus on software updates and great outer space discoveries.