Back in July, we saw Realme roll out Android 10-based Realme UI to the Realme 2 Pro as version F.07/F.08. This update brought a lot of changes to the device including a refreshed UI, features such as Game Space, Floating windows, Navigation Gestures 3.0, and many more.
About a week later, we saw Realme make available the manual installation files for users who weren’t keen on waiting for the official OTA update to hit their devices. This was quickly followed by the release of Android 10 kernel source code for the Realme 2 Pro.
However, this frenzy was short-lived as issues started popping up among users who had updated their devices. One of the more widespread issues was the black screen on launching the camera app bug. We highlighted this issue and you can check out our coverage here.
Well, today Realme is issuing yet another Realme UI build for the Realme 2 Pro, this time with software version number RMX1821EX_11.F.09. This, the company says, replaces the previous release with build number F.07/F.08. Users updating from Android 9 should be updated to this new build.
Realme also says that users who had already updated their devices to F.07/F.08 will also receive the bug fix package F.09. However, no timelines have been shared in that regard.
This update’s changelog is similar to the one we saw with the previous release and is herein attached below.
• Updated UI to realme UI
• Brand new Real Design makes visuals more attractive and operation more efficient
• Optimized user interface and improved one-handed operation
• Optimized Smart Sidebar: Replaced File Console with File Manager; removed OSIE Visual Effect and No Notification Alerts
• Drag an app out of Smart Sidebar to open it in Split-screen Mode
• Added two new features: “Assistive Ball Opacity” and “Hide Assistive Ball on Fullscreen App”
• Optimized the Floating Window feature for more apps
• Added Bubbles: A bubble is displayed when you open an app in a floating window from the Smart Sidebar. Tap the bubble to collapse or open the app
• Optimized 3-Finger Screenshot Gesture: Use 3 fingers to touch and hold the screen, and swipe to take a screenshot of the selected part of the screen (partial screen capture). Use 3 fingers to touch and hold the screen, and swipe your fingers outwards to capture a long screenshot
• Added screenshot settings: You can adjust the position of the screenshot preview floating window and set the screenshot sound
• Optimized screenshot preview floating window: After taking a screenshot, drag it up and release to share it, or drag it down and release to take a long screenshot
[Navigation Gestures 3.0]
• Optimized gestures: All gestures are supported in landscape mode
• Added Focus Mode: Minimizes outside distractions when you are learning or working
• Added whole new charging animation
• Optimized the Quick Settings user interface for easier one-handed operation
• Added pause feature for screen recording
• Added a floating window and settings for screen recording
• New sounds added for file deletion, calculator key touches, and compass pointer
• Optimized system built-in ringtones
• Added TalkBack floating prompts for Accessibility
• New management feature for recent tasks: You can view memory of recent tasks and locked apps
• Optimized visual interaction for Game Space
• Optimized loading animation for Game Space
• Added new live wallpapers
• Added artistic wallpapers
• Added option to open Global Search or the notification panel when swiping down on homescreen
• Added option to customize the size, shape, and style of app icons on homescreen
• Optimized the graphic design of password unlock to facilitate one-handed operation
• Support for animated wallpapers on the lockscreen
• Added a Simple Mode for homescreen, featuring larger fonts, icons and a clearer layout
• Random MAC address Generator: When your phone is connected to Wi-Fi network system generates a random MAC address to avoid targeted ads and protect your privacy
• In Quick Settings or Smart Sidebar, you can open Calculator in a floating window
• Added the trim feature in Recordings
• Added the Weather (dynamic) ringtone, which automatically adapts to the current weather
• Added weather-adaptive animations in Weather
• Optimized the Camera UI for better user experience
• Optimized the Timer UI and sound
• Optimized the Album UI for a clearer structure and photo thumbnails
• Added Album Recommendations that recognize more than 80 different scenes
• realme Share now supports sharing files with OPPO, Vivo and Xiaomi devices
• Optimized the Contacts UI for a more efficient experience
• Search Settings now supports fuzzy match and contains a search history
• Added Dual Mode Music Share in realme Lab
This update should still be available as an OTA update but since some users often prefer to manually install these updates on their devices, here is the download link to the updated firmware for the Realme 2 Pro.
- Device: Realme 2 Pro
- Codename: RMX1801EX
- Channel: Global Stable
- Version: RMX1821EX_11.F.09
- Android: 10
- Type: Recovery
- Download: Link
- MD5: B786FABAABF1630E4E32A4C0770C3019
- Type: Recovery
We shall continue to keep an eye on this update and user feedback to see if indeed the issues that were being reported have been adequately addressed so stay tuned for that.
NOTE: We have these and many more Realme stories in our dedicated Realme section.
PiunikaWeb started as purely an investigative tech journalism website with main focus on ‘breaking’ or ‘exclusive’ news. In no time, our stories got picked up by the likes of Forbes, Foxnews, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, The Verge, Macrumors, and many others. Want to know more about us? Head here.
The post Realme 2 Pro Realme UI (Android 10) update re-released as version F.09 (Download link inside) appeared first on PiunikaWeb.
Dorothy has been a journalist for ten years and has been working with the Tech News Watch staff since the beginning of the news site. Her main contribution to Tech News Watch are mobile, IT and science news, with a focus on software updates and great outer space discoveries.
Leave a Reply