The Pokémon Go Hoenn event is happening now, so we’ll tell you everything there is to know about it. First of all, the event just started, on the 15th of January, and it will end on the 29th of the same month. The exact end times are as follows:
- East Coast US: 4 p.m. (EDT)
- West Coast US: 1 p.m. (PDT)
- UK: 9 p.m. (BST)
- Europe: 10 p.m. (CEST)
What is the purpose of the Hoenn event?
As you probably know already, Hoenn is the third region that players were introduced to via the original Pokémon games. Basically, Hoenn is the home of Generation 3 Pokémon. The first such event took place back in 2018 (the Kanto Week) and its purpose was to help players complete their Silver and Gold badges for the Kanto region. These badges were included in the Special Research tasks in the search for Mew, Kanto’s Mythical Pokémon.
With the current event, though, we still don’t have any sign of Jirachi, the remaining mythical Pokémon. We can only hope that the Pokémon will arrive in the game in a similar way to how Mew, Meltan and Celebi did before. Maybe this event is a sign that it’s on its way and it should arrive soon!
So, overall, the Hoenn event allows players to gather any Gen 3 Pokémon that they might have missed before.
Here are the bonuses and rewards brought to the game by the Hoenn event
The ongoing event brings quite a few bonuses and changes to this very popular game, so here is what you should expect:
- New Shiny Pokémon – a few more shinies can now be found in the game: Taillow, Shiny Zigzagoon and Groudon;
- Hoenn Pokémon in 7km Eggs – a bigger chance of hatching them from 7km Eggs;
- Boosted Generation 3 spawns – players will see a more frequent appearance of Gen 3 starters Mudkip, Torchic and Treeko, as well as many other Hoenn-based Pokémon;
- Hoenn cosmetic items in the store – new avatar clothing items can now be purchased;
- Field Research that will highlight Gen 3 Pokémon;
- Returning Raid bosses – Groudon and Kyogre return as Legendary Raid bosses;
Frances might be just at the beginning of her career, but after attending a technical school, she has a fresh perspective on today’s technology. She contributes to the site with tech news.