New updates are being added at the bottom of this story…….
Original story (published on July 2, 2020) follows:
The Indian variant of the Redmi K20 Pro is receiving the stable update to MIUI 12. The device was among the first to get the new skin outside China a few weeks ago, but this was limited to the Mi Pilot testers.
Fast-forward to today, the device is now receiving the stable version on a wider scale. This comes a day after Xiaomi revealed that the wider rollout of the MIUI 12 update had commenced for not just the Redmi K20 Pro, but also the standard K20 and their European variants – the Mi 9T and Mi 9T Pro.
The standard Mi 9 has also been upgraded to MIUI 12 in various parts of the globe. And like others, you are getting plenty of new features that include and are not limited to Super Wallpapers, animated icons, new camera features, and so much more.
Rather than wait for the download notification to pop up on your phone, we have the link to grab the updated firmware (V220.127.116.11.QFKINXM) and install it manually. We got our hands on the recovery ROM, which is the easiest to install manually using the Updater app.
The Redmi K20 Pro is part of the first phase of MIUI 12 rollout, with the second phase set to begin this July. Matter of fact, the likes of Redmi Note 8 Pro and Redmi Note 9 (Redmi 10X 4G) have already picked up the pre-release version ahead of the wider rollout.
For a clear idea of when your device will receive the MIUI 12 update in stable, check out this recent roadmap that has grouped the rollout into three more stages.
Once the MIUI 12 update hits your K20 Pro or any other eligible device for that matter, below are the changes you will get:
- MIUI 12. Yours alone.
- System animations
- New: All-new physically based animation engine with advanced architecture will refresh your device’s look.
- New: Dynamic window technology takes switching screen orientation to a new level.
- System visuals
- Brand new visual design works for all types of content and languages.
- Magazine-level layouts bring important things into the spotlight and make content structure clear.
- Super wallpapers
- New: Super wallpapers break physical boundaries and keep inspiring you with every touch.
- Fix: Status bar colors weren’t displayed correctly in the Dark mode
- Privacy protection
- New: MIUI 12 is the first Android-based mobile OS that went through the rigorous enhanced privacy protection testing.
- New: Use secure sharing to control what additional data is sent along with shared items.
- Floating windows
- New: Pull down a notification sent by a messenger app to turn it into a floating window.
- New: Floating windows keep apps running in the foreground even when you pause to do other things.
- New: You can minimize a floating window using a full screen gesture.
- Optimization: Press and hold an app preview in Recents to choose between Split screen and floating windows.
- Control center
- New: Swipe down from the upper right corner of your screen to open Control center.
- New: Animated icons are a joy to look at!
- Optimization: Control center is now closed by incoming calls
- Optimization: Press and hold redirection options
- Fix: Brightness adjustment bar couldn’t be used when Control center was opened for the first time
- Fix: Toggle order wasn’t correct on the old toggle panel
- Fix: Switching SIM cards crashed the app in some cases
- Fix: Accessibility features weren’t available in the editing mode
- Dark mode
- New: Dark mode support is also provided for third party apps now.
- New: Contrast is lowered automatically in low light conditions to protect your eyes.
- New: Wallpapers can be displayed in darker palette when your device switches to Dark mode.
- New: You can hide private items while casting and minimize the window to multitask.
- Always-on display
- Fix: Lock screen items were shown on the Always-on display
- Updated Android Security Patch to June 2020. Increased system security.
- Lock screen
- Fix: Fingerprint unlock didn’t work on Always-on display in some cases
- Removed: Lock screen and Always-on display issues in Second space
- Home screen
- New: Animated Home screen icons are neat and satisfying.
- New: We’ve added a new animation for uninstalling apps.
- New: Gravitational animations make returning to Home screen look seamless and natural.
- New: New Pro mode features and descriptions
- New: Vlog feature for videos
- Optimization: Pro mode parameter naming
- New: New animations bring the weather from outside directly to your screen.
- New: Lite mode simplifies your device and brings essential features up front.
- New: We added lots of fresh animations that will accompany your actions.
- New: Calendar cards will remind you about important events and anniversaries.
- New: You can create folders with notes now.
- New: New dynamic backgrounds look gorgeous!
- New: Tasks are completed with a satisfying animation now.
- New: Checklists of subtasks make managing your agenda much simpler.
- New: New animations feel natural and refreshing.
- New: Binging your favorite shows will be more convenient with our new video toolbox.
Thanks for the tip, Vrushant!
Update 1 (July 18)
Xiaomi has now released a new MIUI 12 version as V18.104.22.168. It brings a few improvements over the current software. You can download the recovery file here in case you wish to manually install the update.
PiunikaWeb started as purely an investigative tech journalism website with main focus on ‘breaking’ or ‘exclusive’ news. In no time, our stories got picked up by the likes of Forbes, Foxnews, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, The Verge, Macrumors, and many others. Want to know more about us? Head here.
The post [New version out] Xiaomi Redmi K20 Pro MIUI 12 update rolling out in India (Download link inside) appeared first on PiunikaWeb.
Dorothy has been a journalist for ten years and has been working with the Tech News Watch staff since the beginning of the news site. Her main contribution to Tech News Watch are mobile, IT and science news, with a focus on software updates and great outer space discoveries.