This story is being continuously updated…. New updates are being added at the bottom…..
Original story (published on June 23) follows:
Samsung Galaxy Tab S4 users were waiting for the stable Android 10 (One UI 2.0) update for quite a while now. Recently the device picked up May 2020 security patch based on Android 9 Pie.
Earlier we have reported that as per Samsung’s Turkish wing, the Android 10 update was to arrive somewhere in June 2020. We assumed this ETA is for the European Galaxy Tab S4 users.
And the above information turned out true because as per the latest information, Samsung Galaxy Tab S4 users in Europe are grabbing the Android 10 (One UI 2.0) stable update.
The update arrives with version number CTF5 and along with Android 10 (One UI 2.0), it brings the latest June 2020 security patch.
It adds features like dark mode, new icons and colors, new animations, new navigation gestures, Digital Wellbeing, revamped camera design, Quick Share, Music Share, and much more on top of Android 10 core features.
Here is the complete changelog of this update:
One UI 2 upgrade with Android 10
One UI 2 brings you Android 10, with exciting new features from Samsung and Google based on feedback from users like you.
We recommend that you back up your important data to keep it safe during the upgrade.
Some apps, including Calculator, Samsung Internet, and Samsung Notes, need to be updated individually after you update your OS.
Here’s what’s new.
– Enhanced image, text, and color adjustments for day and night environments.
– Darkened wallpapers, widgets, and alarms while Dark mode is on.
Icons and colors
– Clearer app icons and system colors.
– Improved layouts for titles and buttons to eliminate wasted screen space.
– Enhanced animations with a playful touch.
Full screen gestures
– Added new navigation gestures.
– Navigate more comfortably on large screens with minimal finger movement.
– Easily focus on what matters with clearly highlighted buttons.
– High contrast keyboards and layouts for large text have been improved.
– Listen to live speech and display it as text.
Better text over wallpapers
– See text more clearly against wallpaper, as One UI automatically adjusts font colors based on light and dark areas and color contrast in the image below.
Media and devices
– Replaced the SmartThings panel with the Media and Devices.
– Media: Control music and videos playing on your tablet as well as other devices.
– Devices: Check and control your SmartThings devices directly from the quick panel.
– The battery usage graph now provides more detailed information.
– Set goals to keep your tablet usage in check.
– Use Focus mode to help avoid distractions from your tablet.
– Keep an eye on your kids with new parental controls.
– Added the ability to edit the modes that appear at the bottom of the screen.
– Provided a More tab so you can quickly access hidden modes from the preview screen.
– Improved the layout so you can focus on taking pictures without the settings getting in the way.
– Customize the quick menu to get instant access to the features you use the most.
– Get more information from the app bar.
– Install add-ons from the Galaxy Store to get even more features.
– Added Trash feature for Contacts. Contacts that you delete will stay in the trash for 15 days before being deleted forever.
– Stickers can be added to a date without creating an event.
– Ringtones can be used for event alerts.
– More options are available for repeating reminders.
– Set location-based reminders for a specific period of time.
– Share reminders with your family group and other sharing groups.
– Set reminders for a specific date without an alert.
– Created a Trash feature so you can restore files if you delete something by mistake.
– Added more filters you can use while searching to help you find things quickly.
– You can now copy or move multiple files and folders to different destinations at the same time.
– Added speed and time units to the unit converter.
– A multilingual translation feature has been added.
– A text undo/redo feature has been added.
– You can now search for music in Spotify directly from the keyboard.
– An icon to open Samsung Pass has been added.
– Files can now be quickly and easily shared with nearby Samsung devices using Quick Share.
– Music Share now lets you share music with your friends using a Bluetooth audio device.
– Bixby Home has been replaced with Samsung Daily.
Owing to a huge portfolio, Samsung has taken its time seeding the Android 10 (One UI 2.0) update for its eligible devices. As time is passing by, more Samsung phones and tablets are picking up the latest update. For a complete list, you can head here.
Let us know in the comments below if you have also received the update on your Galaxy Tab S4 or not?
Update 1 (June 26)
The Android 10 update for the Tab S4 is now live in the US and Canada.
Update 2 (July 9)
The update to Android 10 for the Tab S4 LTE variant is now live for devices in Bulgaria.
Thanks, Nidhin Kj for the tip!
Update 3 (July 11)
The update to Android 10 for the Galaxy Tab S4 WiFi variant is live in Romania.
Update 3 (July 18)
Unlocked Galaxy Tab S4 units in the UK are now receiving the One UI 2 update based on Android 10.
PiunikaWeb started as purely an investigative tech journalism website with main focus on ‘breaking’ or ‘exclusive’ news. In no time, our stories got picked up by the likes of Forbes, Foxnews, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, The Verge, Macrumors, and many others. Want to know more about us? Head here.
The post [Live in UK] Samsung Galaxy Tab S4 Android 10 (One UI 2.0) update rolling out with June patch appeared first on PiunikaWeb.
Dorothy has been a journalist for ten years and has been working with the Tech News Watch staff since the beginning of the news site. Her main contribution to Tech News Watch are mobile, IT and science news, with a focus on software updates and great outer space discoveries.