Here is what was added in Minecraft’s update 1.14 and Minecraft Bedrock’s 1.12.0 update.
Minecraft – how big of a game is it?
Earlier this year, Minecraft passed 176 million copies sold, putting it in a tussle with Tetris at the best selling game of all time. Today there are two versions of Minecraft that receive constant updates, both featuring millions of players: Minecraft Java, the original game, and Minecraft Bedrock, the modern version of the game that was built to run on Windows, smartphones and gaming consoles. Minecraft Bedrock is still working its way to catch up Minecraft Java’s features, but the differences are still notable.
Here are some of the Minecraft Java 1.14.4 patch notes:
Obviously, fixing bugs is the main concern of every new Minecraft update, regardless if it’s for the Java version or the Bedrock version, but it’s still always written in every patch note list ever.
- “Performance improvements.
- Suspicious stew made from poppies now gives you night vision instead of speed.
- Improved chunk loading when traveling at high speed.
- Villagers now stock more items.
- Villagers will now remember their gossip after becoming a Zombie Villager.
- Improved performance of Villager pathfinding.
- function-permission-level is a new setting in server.properties that controls which commands functions have access to.
- Villagers can now work without also restocking at the same time.
- Villagers now wait with restocking until they have trades that need restocking.
- Village sieges no longer occur on mushroom islands.
- Pinged the human.
- Mobs will no longer try to pathfind their way through bamboo.”
Frances might be just at the beginning of her career, but after attending a technical school, she has a fresh perspective on today’s technology. She contributes to the site with tech news.