The Teamfight Tactics team at Riot Games has had quite a busy schedule, considering we’re getting four new champions and a new Origin so soon. Apart from the Hextech origin, the appearance of Camille, Jayce, Vi, and Jinx in this mode, we also have a few more surprises – Demon trait is getting a rework and there’s also a list of buffs and nerfs we want to check out.
If you’re interested in all the other stuff- like the Little Legends or the bugfixes, head over to the official patch notes on the League of Legends website.
The Hextech Origin and Champions
We’ve seen a sneak peek from Riot about the Hextech origin and the new champions here, but now we also have their base stats, and a few more details.
Trait: Throw a bomb at an enemy unit with an item, and disables all items in a 1/2 hex radius for 8 seconds.
- Ability – The Hextech Ultimatum: “roots an enemy and forces her in-range teammates to target whomever she’s fighting.”
- Ability Damage: 200/325/450
- Class: Blademater
- Cost: 1 Gold
- Ability – Thundering Blow: “Disrupts the enemy frontline by knocking back an enemy unit with his.” He then shifts to Mercury Cannon, which has “increased attack speed and ranged damage.”
- Ability Damage: 200/350/500
- Class: Shapeshifter
- Cost: 2 Gold
- Ability – Assault and Battery: “Targets the farthest enemy and charges towards them, knocking aside and damaging every enemy along the way. Once she gets there, she knocks her target up and damages them.”
- Ability Damage: 250/450/650
- Class: Brawler
- Cost: 3 Gold
- Ability – Get Excited: after her first takedown, she gains bonus attack speed. “If she scores a second takedown she pulls out Fishbones, her rocket launcher, causing her attacks to deal AoE damage.”
- Rocket Damage: 100/225/350 magic damage in an explosion that covers 3 hexes total.
- Class: Gunslinger
- Cost: 4 Gold
Changes to the System – Matchmaking, URF Overtime Mode, Ranked Changes and Player Damage
Players should no longer face the same enemy or ghost army twice or more times in a row.
URF Overtime Mode
To get rid of draws, the TFT dev team found a way to speed things up so that we don’t see too many draws anymore. They’re speeding things after 30 seconds of battle:
- “30 seconds into every battle the URF Overtime bonus will activate”, and it will increase the following stats for all units:
- 300% Attack Speed
- 200% Ability Damage
- 66% reduced Crowd Control duration
- 66% Healing Reduction
Players that start a game with 0 LP and lose a game will be demoted.
Grandmaster and Challenger players who demote will skip Master and go directly to Diamond 1. More details can be found in SapMagic’s post here!
Base damage scales with the current stage:
- Stages 1-2: 1 damage
- Stage 3-4: 2 damage
- Stage 5: 3 damage
- Stage 6: 4 damage
- Stage 7+: 5 damage
Traits: Balance Changes/Reworks
- New trait bonus: “Demon basic attacks have a 40% chance to burn 20 mana from their target and return 15/30/45 mana to the attacker.”
- Bonus Health lowered from 300/700/1200 to 300/600/1000
- Bonus Ability Power lowered from 45/100 to 40/100
- Bonus Attack Damage and Ability Power increased from 40/60 to 50/70
- Bonus Armor and Magic Resist increased from 60 to 70
- Attack Speed increased from 10% per stack to 12% per stack
Champions: Balance Changes
Tier 1 Champions
Khazix – Non-Isolated Damage lowered from 150/300/450 to 150/250/350
Elise – Health increased from 450 to 500, Spiderling Attack Speed increased from 0.6 to 0.7
Mordekaiser – “No longer casts his ability if there are no enemies in range at the start of the cast time.”
Nidalee – “Now always heals two units when she transforms. Previously she would only heal herself if she had the lowest health on your team.”
Vayne – Attack Speed lowered from 0.75 to 0.7, Ability Damage (% of Max Health) increased from 8%/10%/12% to 8%/12%/16%.
Tier 2 Champions
Lissandra – Total Mana (to cast her ability) lowered from 150 to 125
Zed – Health increased from 500 to 550, Attack Speed increased from 0.65 to 0.7, Ability Damage increased from 200/300/400 to 200/350/500.
Braum – Health lowered from 750 to 650
Lulu – Ability Health lowered from 300/475/650 to 300/400/500
Tier 3 Champions
Katarina – “No longer casts her ability if there are no enemies in range at the start of the cast time,” Attack Damage increased from 70 to 75
Aatrox – “No longer casts his ability if there are no enemies in range at the start of the cast time.”
Evelynn – “Now prioritizes her current target with her ability. No longer casts her ability if there are no enemies in range at the start of the cast time.”
Kennen – “No longer casts his ability if there are no enemies in range at the start of the cast time.”
Shyvana – “Leap AI improved to better kite away from her target.”
Tier 4 Champions
Akali – Attack Damage increased from 70 to 80
Brand – Ability Damage increased from 200/375/550 to 250/450/650, Starting and Total Mana changed from 0/125 to 50/150
Cho’gath – Ability Damage lowered from 250/500/750 to 175/350/525
Tier 5 Champions
Miss Fortune – Health increased from 650 to 700, Total Mana lowered from 100 to 75
Kayle – Attack Speed lowered from 1.1 to 1.0
Karthus – Starting and Total Mana changed from 0/85 to 40/125
Items: Balance Changes/Reworks
Hush – Reworked: “Now has a 33% chance on hit to prevent the enemy champion from gaining mana for four seconds.”
Infinity Edge – Critical Strike Damage increased from 150% to 200%
Locket of the Iron Solari – Shield Duration increased from 4 seconds to 6 seconds
Morellonomicon – Burn Damage Duration increased from 5 seconds to 10 seconds
Red Buff – Burn Damage Duration increased from 5 seconds to 10 seconds
Redemption – Heal increased from 1000 health to 1500 health
Ionic Spark – Damage lowered from 150 to 125. “Now properly stacks.”
Statikk Shiv – Damage and Bounces lowered from ‘4 bounces, 90 damage/bounce’ to ‘3 bounces, 100 damage/bounce’
Warmog’s Armor – Heal: “Now heals a maximum of 400 health per tick. This mostly nerfs its effect on PVE dragons.”
Guardian Angel – “Tooltip updated to reflect functionality (does not interrupt abilities or remove positive buffs). It now properly removes Grievous Wounds and resurrects properly.”
New Drop Mechanic – Players will see “in rare instances” that an item can drop, instead of two separate components.
Sonia Theo has a long experience in writing, and now she is our associate journalist covering tech, gaming and mobile news. She has a BA in English and German and a BA in Arts and Design. Sonia likes writing about the latest updates in current and future games, guides and reviews. Her favorite past times is gaming, crafting and cooking. Sonia is always ready to help players with tips when they’re in a tough boss fight.