Every smartphone needs to have a couple of essential apps in order for the user to take full advantage of the smartphone’s performances. The mobile browser is always one of the most essential apps for smartphones and even though Google is pre-installing Chrome on all Android-powered devices, this doesn’t mean that Chrome is always the ideal mobile browser. In fact, Chrome is infamous for using up too much hardware power which makes it inefficient when it comes to entry-level smartphones.
Fortunately, there are always many alternatives when it comes to mobile browsers and Opera Mini is one of them. This is a lightweight mobile browser which means that it weighs in at only 10MB. To make things even better, Opera Mini’s software has been optimized so that the mobile browser doesn’t use up as much mobile data as other browsers do.
Opera Mini 44.0.2254.141934 Beta Update
Nonetheless, the reason why Opera Mini is making headlines on our website today is that the developers who are in charge of it have just released a brand-new beta update. The update sports the 44.0.2254.141934 version number and it’s being released via OTA (over the air) channels. We should mention that the new update is also available in the form of APK (Android Package Kit) for eager users who are interested in manually downloading the update.
The new beta update for Opera Mini is a maintenance release which means that it comes with a handful of bug fixes which are improving the overall software stability of the app. Now that we have covered everything there is to know about the mobile browser’s latest update, let’s check out which are its top features.
- Save data– Save 90% of your data and browse faster even on slow networks with our famous compression modes without breaking your browsing experience.
• Block ads – Opera Mini has a built-in ad blocker so you can surf the web without annoying ads.
• Personalized news – Catch up on trending news specially tailored for your interests with our rebooted news feed within the Opera Mini browser.
• Video download – No time to watch videos? No problem. Tap the new download button and watch them when you’re ready.
• Smarter downloads – Download files in the background and hold off downloading large files until you’re back on Wi-Fi. Opera Mini will let you know when your downloads are complete. Just click the notification to open your download – no more digging around in folders.
• Browse privately – Use private tabs to browse incognito and keep your secrets from others without leaving a trace on your device.
• Tab gallery – Keep several pages open at once with tabs and easily navigate between different tabs.
Melissa is the person that makes sure the content on this site is error-free, new and accurate for the readers. She also covers the tech stories section.