Keying in passwords may be easy when you know them, but sometimes you can forget and key in incorrect entries and get the iPhone is Disabled error after several tries. While security is important and you shouldn’t disclose your sensitive and personal data to anyone else, you can use a password manager to help you remember the codes, but what if you don’t have one and you need to unlock your iPhone urgently?
Ideally, you shouldn’t enter the wrong pass code beyond nine times. Similarly, if the Erase data feature is activated on your iPhone, it’ll delete all the data after several failed attempts.
If you still can’t remember your password, try the methods below to restore it and eliminate the disabled iPhone error.
Fix iPhone is disabled error
If you had synced your iPhone with iTunes, you can access the disabled iPhone using these steps:
- Connect the device to a Mac or PC and open iTunes
- Click on the button at the left to open the iPhone
- A backup feature will be available to back up data on the device. Click Backup now
- Restore the back up and disable Find my iPhone from the computer
- Click Restore backup and choose the recent back up to use the iPhone again
If you didn’t sync with iTunes, you can do the following:
- Disconnect the iPhone from the Mac or PC and turn the phone off
- Press and hold down the home button to turn it on until you see the connect to iTunes screen
- iTunes will alert you that it has detected a device in recovery mode. Click OK and press Restore to restore the iPhone
when you get the iPhone is disabled error due to incorrect password entries, you can use iCloud backup to restore your iPhone. This will require you to first erase all data from the iPhone and with the remote wipe feature under Find my iPhone.
Once you do this, you can resolve the issue easily.
Were you able to get back into your iPhone? Let us know in the comments section below, which solution worked for you.
Elsie is a tech writer with 8+ years professional experience. For Tech News Watch, she brings rich experience contributing to topics such as Windows, MacOS, Android, and iOS among others. In her spare time, she loves checking out the latest tech trends, gadgets, and news, listening to music and cars.