First of all, the Google Chromecast is a streaming device that you can plug in your TV and have access to multiple streaming services. Simply put, is a cheap and straightforward way to watch video content right from your TV. You can access Netflix, YouTube, Hulu, or even Google Play. Second of all, if you have Windows 10 and you are wondering if you can use it with Google Chromecast, the answers is yes, and we are going to help you.
For setting up the Google Chromecast, you don’t need technical skills, and you can set it up on any device, including Android, iPad, iPhone, Mac, and other tablets. But first things first, you need to have three things for doing this: a Google Chromecast device, a PC with Windows 10, and the Google Chrome browser installed on your computer. If you have them all, let’s start with the installation steps of Google Chromecast.
Google Chromecast on Windows 10
- Google Chromecast comes with an HDMI cable, plug it into the port of your home TV, and after that plug the other end of the HDMI into the adapter.
- After that, with your TV remote controller, change the source input from TV to the HDMI port in which you have plugged the Chromecast device.
- You have now changed the input source on your TV, the Google Chromecast is plugged in, so it means you have to set up the Chromecast on your Windows 10 PC.
- If you are not using the latest version of Google Chrome, or you are not using the browser at all, click on the link and install it to your computer.
- After you have finished with the Chrome browser installation, open it and enter on this link.
- In your Chrome Setup Screen, click on the Set Up your Chromecast link and begin the install of Chromecast on your PC.
- Some Privacy Terms of Google Chromecast are shown, you must click accept, and everything is done.
- After all the Terms and Conditions are read and accepted, your webpage will search for the Chromecast devices connected to the Wi-Fi network. If the device isn’t found, you can switch your Wi-Fi network from 2.4 GHz to 5 GHz or the other way around.
- If the problem is resolved, go on your Wi-Fi network from your taskbar (right corner) and click open the Wi-Fi network of Chromecast.
- Click Next when you are connected to the Wi-Fi network of Chromecast, then click on the Yes arrow on the next screen only if the code from the Windows computer is a match with the code from the bottom right corner of your TV.
- If the match is right, give a name to your Chromecast device.
- The Wi-Fi settings must be confirmed when you are choosing the network, so type your password for connecting.
- When everything is correct and connected, you will receive a confirmation message- Ready to Cast!
So, finally, if the setup is done correctly, you can display anything you wish from your Windows 10 PC onto the TV screen. If you want to buy the Google Chromecast, you can find the regular model at $35 or the Chromecast Ultra 4K model at around $70. If you are bored of watching TV in an old-fashioned way, the Google Chromecast in the best way of having something fresh in your daily routine. You can subscribe to video streaming services such as Netflix, and access it from your PC or you can go all the way with your smartphone or tablet.
Melissa is the person that makes sure the content on this site is error-free, new and accurate for the readers. She also covers the tech stories section.