The exact name of the Android 10 is still unknown but if you want to have the Beta version on your device, keep reading the post. However, think twice before updating your phone to Android 10 because it is made for developers only.
What is Android 10 beta?
‘Beta’ is a word used for the trial variants of any software. The previous version of the official release is Android 10 Q, and its purpose is to find the issues and fix them.
Supported devices for Android Q beta
The testing variant is always accessible for limited devices, and here is the list of it:
- Pixel 3
- Pixel 3XL
- Pixel 2
- Pixel 2 XL
- Pixel XL
It is easy to install the Android 10 Q Beta version on your device but if you don’t want to avoid some failures, then it is recommended to wait for the official release of the software.
How to install the Android 10 Q Beta
Before installing the software, you should back up your device’s data. Follow these steps for backing up:
- Go to Settings on your device
- Click on System
- Tap on the Back-Up option
- After a few minutes, your photos, videos, and other data is backed up
Now, moving on to the installment of the Android Q Beta.
- Navigate to Google.com/Android/Beta to sign up for the beta software
- Sign in in the prompt that will show with your Google account
- The next page has the list of the eligible devices for the preview variant
- Select your device and enroll yourself
- It moves further to Settings>System>Advanced>System Update to confirm the accessible downloads
- After enlisting, you will automatically update the latest version of the Android Q Beta.
How to unenroll your device
In case you don’t want to get the updates, you can unenroll your device: just follow the before-mentioned steps and click on the ‘Unenroll Device’ option.
Dorothy has been a journalist for ten years and has been working with the Tech News Watch staff since the beginning of the news site. Her main contribution to Tech News Watch are mobile, IT and science news, with a focus on software updates and great outer space discoveries.